How to Protect Your Mobile, Pc And laptop,….There are many websites that mine cryptocurrency using hardware on your phone and computer, which can be very harmful to your device. The worst thing here is that there is no easy way to find out which websites are harmful and which are not, as many of them do not inform you that they use your device for my cryptocurrency.
How do I stop Bitcoin mining websites?: Via browser extensions
If you are on using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera or Safari, you can install Adblock Plus, also try using the Ghostery extension.
How To Block cryptocurrency mining: On Android
Google Chrome is simple enough to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera.
Follow these steps to block cryptocurrency mining script on Chrome.
- Tap the three dots on the top right > Settings > Site Settings.
Follow these steps to block cryptocurrency mining scripts on Firefox.
- Tap the three dots and go to Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, tap Enhanced Tracking Protection.
- Enable Enhanced Tracking Protection and set the Protection Level to Strict.
How To Block cryptocurrency mining: Via antivirus Software and apps.
Most antivirus software now blocks cryptocurrency mining scripts. The only catch is that this feature may not be available on the free trial antivirus software. Use Quik Heal Total Antivirus.
How To Block cryptocurrency mining: On iPhone and iPad
These cryptocurrency mining websites can easily be blocked on iOS as long as you’re using Safari, Firefox or Opera.
Opera crypocurrancy block
- Open Opera Touch > tap the browser’s icon.
- Tap Settings > enable Ad Blocking > enable Cryptocurrency Mining Protection.
Firefox block bitcoin mining
- Open Firefox > tap the hamburger icon > go to Settings.
- Select Tracking Protection > enable Enhanced Tracking Protection > set the Protection Level to Strict.