The House of Secret Gardens: SPASM Design has recently completed a new modern house in Ahmadabad, India, that features an exterior of Dhrangadhra stone, and a simple cross layout. To one side of the front door is a pond water feature that has a simple child-like sculpture of a folded sailboat. When we are stepping inside the front door, there’s another water feature with a life-size sculpture of a pensive monk, made from Beslana stone, that’s gingerly poised on the water’s surface as if levitating.
Features of Secret Garden House Architecture
Because of the cross shape of the garden house, there are multiple courtyards that facilitate the movement of air throughout the home. The landscaped garden has solid stone stairs that lead to an elevated garden roof.
Facts file of Secret Garden House Design:
- Architect Firm: SPASM
- Lead Architects: Sangeeta Merchant, Gauri Satam, Divyesh Kargathra, Vijjisha Kakka, Mansoor Kudalkar and Sanjeev Panjabi
- RCC Contractor: Mahir Builtcon
- Structural Engineer: Ducon Consultants Pvt. Ltd
- Landscape Consultant: Kunal Maniyar
- MEP consultant: Vimarsh Plumbing
- Project Management Team: Ingit Anand, Kalpesh Shah, Mahendra Shah, Laxman Desai
- Carpenter: Krishna Interiors
- Interior Civil Contractor: Mortar
- Photography by Edmund Sumner, Umang Shah and
- Photographix – Sebastian Zachariah & Ira Gosalia
Elements of garden house architecture:
Rough cut stone fins run perpendicular to the building facade, creating changing shadows throughout the day. Inside the garden house, the living areas of the home have large sliding glass walls that can be opened to create an indoor/outdoor living environment. In the dining room, three pendant lights hang above a large dining table, while stone slabs are featured on the wall.
Throughout the house, rich dark wood has been paired with rendered lime plaster walls with a stucco-like appearance. Pops of color, like the blue accent wall next to some stairs, add a touch of brightness to the interior. Tucked away under another set of stairs is a small bar area with open shelves and cabinets for storage.
Garden House Design Pictures:
Know more about Modern House Design Ideas:
- Badri Residence A Modern Indian House Architecture Paradigm
- Private Outdoor Courtyard in Modern Indian House Architecture
- Latest modern houses pictures and architectural ideas for inspiration
- Indian holiday home wrapped by wooden screens known lattice house.
- Contemporary architecture of modern fort house by SPA, India.
- Contemporary Design of Bubble House in Chennai by SDeG!
So, friends, check out the closer look at the stone that covers the house. Coming from quarries nearby, the stone has a mottled texture and bone coloration those ages well. The cellular structure of this sandstone holds intermittent microscopic air gaps, acting as an insulation panel itself.