10 Best Open Source Video Editors in free Windows, Mac IOS & Linux,… When it comes to free video editing software, there are many options to choose from.
This post introduces 10 best open source video editors to help professionals edit videos free of charge.
Benefits of open source code video editor If you have open-source video editing software, then you can easily modify the video. The fact behind it is simplicity in manipulation and performance.
10 Best Open Source Video Editors [Free] Windows
Proprietary based software needs the user to get permit by the company to access and edit the source code.
Based on Microsoft and Linux, it is a Open Source Video Editors that works under the KDE desktop environment
- KDEnlive supports all the formats that are supportive to Ffmpeg like MOV, AVI, WMV, MPEG, XviD, and FLV.
- It also supports 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios for PAL, NTSC and different HD standards with HDV along with giving experimental support for AVCHD.
- You can also export the videos through KDEnlive to DV devices or copy them to a DVD.
- Video preview facility, multi-track editing, creative effects, tilting features, audio and video thumbnails, customizable layouts, desktop integration etc are some of its general tools.
- This software accepts many audio/video/image formats like mpeg, avi, dv, vob, wav, ogg, mp3, gif (non-animated), jpg, png, svg.
- Customizable layouts and desktop integration.
- Stop motion capture.
- Audio spectrum and spectrogram.
- Multi-track view and widgets layouts.
- Light graffiti.
- Audio and video thumbnails.
- Export to most of famous formats: mpeg, dv, vob, realvideo, flash, theora, wav, mp3, xvid, quicktime.
OpenShot is an easy-to-use, free, and powerful Open Source Video Editors.
Open shot Key Features:
- Quickly split and trim video.
- Fade, slide, bounce, and animate anything in the video project.
- Add as many layers as you need for watermarks, background videos, audio tracks, and more.
- Apply various video effects.
- Visualize audio files as waveforms.
- Reverse, slow down and speed up video.
- Add title to video.
- Render beautiful 3D animated titles and effects.
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor.
Shotcut software Key Features:
- Support popular video/audio/image file formats.
- Support for 4K resolutions.
- Resize, scale, trim, snap, rotate, and cut video.
- Real-time preview.
- Stereo, mono, and 5.1 surround.
- Audio mixing across all tracks.
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks.
Lightworks is another best open source video editor, available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It’s absolutely packed with useful features and the free version
Lightworks Key Features:
- A wide range of video formats supported.
- Access amazing royalty-free audio & video content.
- Create HD quality 2K and even 4K videos.
- High precision video trimming and splitting.
- 2D and 3D text animations are present.
- Synchronize multiple videos recorded by different cameras.
- Export video for YouTube/Vimeo.
Blender is also one of the best open source video editors. However, video editing is only a fraction of what it can do. It is actually a professional-grade 3D creation suite.
Blender Key Features:
- 3D modeling, sculpting, painting, animation, and much more.
- Live preview, Luma Waveform, chroma vectorscope, and histogram displays.
- Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing, and waveform visualization.
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, and effects.
- Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, filters, and more.
Pitivi the free and open source video editing software – Pitivi is constantly ranking among the top software programs in the list
- Pitivi is supported by the GStreamer Multimedia Framework and so, it can accept any format of videos for editing.
- It facilitates accessing more than 70 industry-standard transitions and filters, a hundred video and audio effects and animated effects.
- The software is flexible and efficient and it always works on the basis of true precision.
- It comprises some time-saving features like rippled and roll editing, real-time trimming previews, real-time searching and assets management, grouping and snapping, non modal cutting, play-head centric zooming and editing, smooth scrolling and automatic zoom adjustment.