Cloud Cube Housing For Young Families, located in kunshan city. an industry-based city, on the outskirts of metro shanghai, chain is the ‘cloud cube housing ‘ project. The sky rises cube housing completed by formless architects. This cube housing project were created, for young working class families. who live and work locally. the structures needed to provide residence for more than 1,000 families, have an instantly recognizable identity. and be realized on an extremely tight budget.
Architecture Of Cloud Cube Housing Project
Cloud Cube Housing Project Passport
- Project: cloud cube housing.
- Architects: formless architects.
- Location: kongxiang road, rujia, kunshan city, suzhou china.
- Architects in charge: eric jen-tsung chang, chia-yi chu.
- Local design institute: wuxi architectural design and research institute.
- Area: 130,000m2.
- Years: 2009-2014
- Photography: formless architects.
Cube Housing Architecture:
The final cube housing design utilizes, a ‘toy-brick’ design concept, to create a lively, transformable facade. house units are staggered up and across the edifices, and when combined with various colors, provide each home a distinct element of identity and character.
Four major typologies, spread across the 18 buildings of cube housing project, create a sense of place and community while managing to evade indistinguishably.
Each apartment unit of cube housing, has a double-height balcony. Doing so allows the extension of family activities to a semi-outdoor space, and enables the creation of vertical gardens.
Because of the restrictive budget, paint was the only viable facade finishing of cube housing choice. But formless believes that paint, while simple, can still generate rich, expressionistic compositions.
Know more this Housing Project Around The World.
- “ Verdant Urban Oasis ” Master plan for Housing Development in Singapore by Group8asia.
- Bold and Beautiful Designs of Council and Student Housing in Munster, Germany by Kresings GmbH.
- Urban Housing and Development of Commercial in Rotterdam by MVRDV.
- Concrete House Create Purity Of Volume And Geometric Form By Matt Gibson Architecture.
- The Waterfront – Largest Wooden Residential Developments in Norway, Europe.
- Between Intuition and Pragmatism – Architect Peter Clegg On Holistic Sustainability.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.