Environmental Sustainability Breathe in Austria Pavilion, at Milan Expo 2015, is design by Klaus K. Loenhart. Munich Graz Based firm Terrain have recently been judged winners out of 56 international entries to design the Austrian Pavilion for Expo Milan 2015.
Entitled “Breathe Austria”, Harvard laureate and head of the Institute for Architecture and Landscape at Graz University of Technology, together with a team of experts and researchers working under the name team.Breath.
Austria Pavilion Milan EXPO 2015 – Gallery & Detailed Guide.
Austria, applied their interdisciplinary research to obtain a novel design, where architecture, nature, culture and research merge into a unique sensual visitors’ experience.
Where oxygen is an essential part of life and food, AIR is at the center of the theme ‘Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life’ for the team at the drawing board of the Austrian Pavilion.
Not only a direct reference to the excellent quality of the air in Austria, but air as a source of food and essential producer of energy and resources.
To highlight, this basic but fundamental issue, for Expo 2015 team.breath. Austria have chosen use the 560 square meter site to plant an Austrian forest on the former industrial plot in the north west of Milan.
The Environmental Sustainability concept intends for the outside space to become the Pavilion itself, where a simple frame around the landscape marks the unique micro climate
Know More About Eco Friendly Architecture,
An estimated 62,5 kg of fresh oxygen every hour will be produced inside the unique ecosystem where vegetation, ecological metabolism and networks of people can meet and thrive.
No air conditioners, the Austrian pavilion will rely rather on a cooling effect based on the evaporate-transpiration of the plants in a clear message against global decline and reforestation.
Team For Environmental Sustainability in The Austria Pavilion
- Terrain: landscape urbanism BDA, Graz –Klaus K. Loenhart in cooperation with
- Agency in Biosphere, Graz – Markus Jeschaunig
- Hohensinn Architektur, Graz – Karlheinz Boiger
- Graz University of Technology Institute for Architecture and Landscape / LandLab – Andreas Goritschnig and Bernhard König Lendlabor, Graz – Anna Resch and Lisa Maria Enzenhofer and Exhibition concept: Maren Richter, Linz (inter alia co-curator of the Maldives pavilion /55 Venice Biennale 2013, Artistic Director of the Regionale 12)
- Climate Design: Transsolar Energietechnik, Munich–Wolfgang Kessling (Danube University Krems)
- Vegetation Technology: Bernhard Scharf, Vienna (BOKU Institute of Soil Bioengineering and Landscape Construction/IBLB)
- Structure: Engelsmann Peters Beratende Ingenieure, Graz / Stuttgart Stefan Peters (Graz University of Technology – Institute for Structural Design)
In this context, the authors study future processes and the consequences of real ecological Environmental Sustainability, energy-related and societal change for the environment.
As well as the challenges that have to be mastered this forward looking scenario. also has the unique potential to creatively open up the concomitant areas of action, with a view to developing a new, “Environmental Sustainability & Cultural Ecology”.
So, friends this is all about of Environmental Sustainability in The Austria Pavilion Milan Expo 2015. I hope you enjoy it,….