Hightech Architecture Style has evolved eventually becoming Eco-tech style (Green Technology ) or Sustainable Architecture, mainly due to climate change and the arrival of new materials. New building systems based on eco-efficiency energy, where the architects and leading engineers have had to go to adapt to changing times by a self sufficient architecture. New materials, shiny metals and modern technology that doesn’t hide itself behind a pleasing facade – this is the Hightech architecture style. The HighTech architecture style is not a recent development; it came into being as far back as the end of the 1960s and also influenced industrial design and fashion with its use of new materials from aviation and astronautics. HighTech structures utilized metals, wavy and perforated surfaces and visible strengthening cables.
Hightech Architecture Style
Directory of engineering and architectural style High-tech (High technology), which is also known as Late modernism. This important movement, which took the base of modern contemporary architecture. Relied on innovation and technology and was one-time bridge between modernism and postmodernism.
First developed in the decade of the twentieth century 70’s until today, in this current style prominent architects are Norman Foster, SOM, Richard Rodgers, Renzo Piano and Jean Nouvel, among others. For this reason, some works of postmodern style, deconstructivism, green architecture and digital architecture or CAD, as shown in this directory, you could very well live together in this century.
Key features of Hightech Architecture Style:
- Steel and glass
- Flexible interiors
- Expressed construction
- Color used for pipe work and services
- Lightweight materials
Check this out,
- Modern Architecture Design Elements.
- Stadium Architecture and Design.
- Contemporary architecture of Science Building.
Treads on high-tech architecture style:
Hightech Architecture Style exhibits a preference for technology and tectonics, usually applied to the structure of the building. Steel and glass are the preferred materials.
Structural Expressionist architecture is the root of Hightech Architecture Style. The structure of the buildings in the style of Hightech Architecture Style are exposed, treated as an ornament at the same time. At this point, this architecture is close to postmodernism.
Fine and Famous Examples of Hightech Architecture Style Buildings:
- Town hall in London, standing next to Tower Bridge,
- London’s Millennium Dome and Wembley Stadium,
- office building Lloyd’s in London Olympic Stadium and the Allianz Arena in Munich,
- the Eiffel Tower and the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris,
- HSBC headquarter in Hong Kong,
- Zizkov Television Tower in Prague,
- Hotel Arts Skidmore and the Torre Agbar in Barcelona,
- the National Centre for the Performing Arts in Beijing,
- Hearst Tower in New York, the Beetham Tower in Manchester,
- John Hancock Center in Chicago, Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower in Tokyo.
Representatives of high-tech architecture are:
- Norman Foster,
- Renzo Piano,
- Richard Rogers,
- Michael Hopkins,
- Nicholas Grimshaw,
- Schweger & Partner,
- Jean Nouvel,
- Paul Andreu,
- Michel Virlogeux.
Image Gallery :
As Technology has greatly evolved, new materials and modern equipment started to be used in the construction industry. Thus was born a new architectural design developed using advanced technology, known as high-tech.
Hightech Architecture Style is characterized by countless use of new technologies in the construction of the buildings and their technical equipment. Technical elements, such as blinds or solar cells, are a kind of modern ornament, especially when put together in repetitive sequence.
You may also like,
- Xi’an Office Building Design Architecture.
- Contemporary Timber Architecture.
- Secrets About Holocaust Museum Architectures.
- All Time Best Exploration in Temporary Architecture.
- World’s New Tallest Building.
- Organic Architecture Characteristics Design.
Hightech Architecture Style wants to integrate the technical equipment of the building in its structure. This strengthens the impact of the object in a Hightech Architecture Style, both in terms of functional and visual matter.
So arises the so-called intelligent building, in which installations and construction are designed as an integral whole. Hope you enjoy it. Have a some thing to say please put your thoughts in bellow comments.