Logo of Architects – Logo Design Competition By The Council of Architecture Of India – Various professions of the country e.g. Doctors, Charted Accountants, Lawyers among others have a Logo which serves as an Identification symbol. ‘The Council of Architecture’ will select the ‘ Logo of Architects ‘ through a public competition. Accordingly, all Resident and Non-Resident Indians are invited to participate and submit their entry in the Design Competition for ‘ Logo of Architects ’.
Design Competition By The COA – Logo Of Architects
The objective of this public competition is to design the logo of Architects. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Design Competition (“the contest”) for Logo of Architects organized by the Council of Architecture (“COA”).
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Members and employees of the Council of Architecture, the contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Entrants must not be born after May 1st 2002, and standing to enter into a contract with COA as required below.
How to Enter
1.Entries must be submitted online through the website of the COA (www.coa.gov.in) or through its partners; details of which shall be available on website of the COA (www.coa.gov.in). The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG/ PNG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
2.Name, age, postal address, phone number, Photo ID card number, and email address of the Entrant.
3.No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4.Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5.The deadline for Entries is 1700 Hours on June 30th, 2015, Indian Standard Time.
6.We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for lost responses.
7.There is a fee to enter the Contest, entries without the requisite fee shall be rejected. See submission guidelines below for further information.
- The purpose of the contest is to design the Logo of Architects. The logo will be used online, in print, on merchandise and to create stickers that can be placed on vehicle etc. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as colour. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
- While the logo of architects needs to look good at relatively small sizes, it will not need to be shrunk for use as a Favicon.
- Because of the requirement to register the logo as a Trade Mark, Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that cannot be registered as a Trade Mark, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Contest.
- The logo of architects may or may not contain the words “Ar” or “Architect”.
- The logo of architects must not contain any other text besides that required above.
- Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS) as well as in JPEG/ PNG. We advise against the use of halftones and gradients. Colour in this version must be CMYK. Maximum three colours could be used on a white background for the design of the Logo of architects.
- The size of the final design should not be smaller than 232 square cm (36 sq inches). Without the need for conversion, the limit on attachment sizes is 5MB.
- The Logo of architects should represent the ethos of the profession as widely accepted.
- The Logo of architects should be original work of the participant and must not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party.
- The entries received without the requisite fee shall be out rightly rejected. Entry fee for resident Indians: INR 1000
- Entry fee for resident non-resident Indians: USD 50. For sake of calculation 1 USD shall be calculated as INR 65.
- Entry fee for resident Indian students: INR 500
- Non-resident Indian students are required to pay USD 50 as Entry fee
- An entrant can send a maximum of three entries. For each entry, separate registration fee is required.
- Ten entries shall be shortlisted for the award. The shortlisted entry would have to be later accompanied by a brief explanation of the Design and how it best symbolizes the Indian Architect along with the bio-data of the applicant. Shortlisted entrants shall be invited to make a presentation to the jury at New Delhi, the dates of which shall be notified in July 2015.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced at the Award ceremony at New Delhi in July 2015. The COA reserves all rights to schedule or reschedule the award ceremony. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for him or her to attend. The COA shall also arrange for travel (III A.C return train fare) and accommodation of the winner.
The winning entrant will receive:
1. A INR 100,000 cash prize.
2. A trophy.
3.A complimentary membership to Architecture Time Space and People magazine for one year.
4. The right to identify him/herself as the designer of the Logo of Architects.
5. All shortlisted entries shall be provided with III A.C return train fare and citation for their effort along with a complimentary membership to Architecture Time Space and People magazine for one year.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence in this regard shall be entered into.
2. All entries received by the stipulated date and time and found in order, shall be evaluated by a Jury of Examiners comprising five to seven members from the following:
- a) President – Council of Architecture/ Nominee
- b) President – Indian Institute of Architects/ Nominee
- c) Director – Industrial Design Centre – IIT B / Nominee
- d) Director – National Institute of Design, Ahmadabad/ Nominee
- e) Ministry of Human Resource Development / Urban Development – Nominee
- f) Padma Awardee – art/ design/ architecture
- g) Special appointee – Media/ Industry
The COA reserves the right to change the composition of the jury panel at its sole discretion. 3.The COA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
4.COA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence in this regard shall be entered into.
5.The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership rights of the logo and its design to COA.
6.Accepting the prize constitutes permission for COA to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
7. The results of the Design Competition for Logo of Architects will be tentatively announced on July 15th, 2015.No timetable is set for the announcement of a winner due to the need to confirm that the winning entry can be registered as a Trade Mark.
Ref : www.coa.gov.in
The Entrant agrees that the ability to participate in the Contest and to compete for the prizes offered in connection with the Contest constitute, where required, sufficient consideration for the Entrant’s obligations under these Official Rules.
SUBMIT ENTRY HERE
Accordingly, all resident Indian citizens are hereby invited to participate in the Design Competition for ‘Logo of Architects’.
For any queries you can contact: [email protected] : Handheld: +91-9337691760