Low Cost Modular Homes Ideas By Indian Architect Anupama Kundoo at Venice architecture biennale. Also, give prefabricated toilet Ideas. Display key projects from kundoo’s 25 years in practice. Which she refers to as ‘an inventory of strategies’. if the quest for knowledge is ahead of reflection. there can be destruction. knowledge informs the act of building. And building widens knowledge. By Ar. Kundoo Explained.
How Low cost Modular Homes Future Ahead?
The full scale setup of low cost modular homes. And a prefab toilet concept. From the team of ar. kundoo’s at either side of the arsenale’s ancient walls.
- ‘Spirit’: 1:50 models of the practice’s variants on low cost modular housing solutions and public buildings. Showing their relationship to external space.
- ‘Matter’: physical samples of material research and 1:5 scale tectonic models, showing how the different elements are assemble.
the visitor’s journey between these dualities represents the front from which kundoo is reporting. In the central part of venue, 1:1 scale model for potential synthesis of dualities.
Low Cost House Design.
The two low cost house designs are equally suitable for both urban and rural contexts.
- A ‘Full Fill Home’ A ferrocement low cost modular homes. That can be assembled in six days, and dismantled in one.
- And an ‘Easy WC’ — six prefabricated elements. that can be built in just 24 hours.
Low Income Housing Concept
‘Full Fill’ low cost modular homes are prepare. Using a stack-able modular system of prefabricated hollow ferrocement blocks. That ensure rapid construction and minimal environmental impact.
the ‘Easy WC’ combines a toilet and shower cubicle. on either side of a covered platform with a washbasin. The structure can be plug into a freestanding septic tank. Or dry toilet pit, or directly connected to the drainage system.
Low Cost House Construction
The 25mm thick ferrocement elements are produce in the backyards of masons homes. Also, providing them with additional income. This reduces costs, while helping the local economy.
The manufacturing process is easy to learn. And takes less than 48 hours to complete. 3-4 weeks soaking time is needed to ‘cure’ the cement. So that it reaches its full potential strength.
Low Cost Housing Materials
Chicken mesh, welded mesh, and small diameter steel reinforcement are used to give tensile strength to the cement. Meaning that it is also lighter and easier to transport.
A range of window, doors, roof elements and other necessary low cost modular homes components are also produced in ferrocement. Negating the need for any complex hardware.
Ref : image © designboom
Check out Advance Prefab House Ideas for You.
- Modern Prefab Home Design By Entrepreneur Christopher Burch.
- Prefabrication Trend of Reconstructing Prefabricated house.
- Shipping Container Homes : Skyscraper For Dharavi Slum Dwellers in Mumbai.
- Modular Facade with Self Shedding Create Waves in Bangalore, India.
- Modular Architecture Of Modern Home Built In 45 Days in Chile.
- Characteristics of a Modular Homes Planning with Pros and Cons.
By helping communities. To fabricate a set of simple building components. We can build knowledge and bring low cost modular homes back to the people. My work is to find alternative solutions for modular homes. To build using significantly less material, and action them. says Ar. kundoo.