Any building or structures give specific indications, that is known as indicators of building collapse. If you see any signs of it, must act fast to save many people’s lives. Here are some common but not negligible indicators of building collapse list. Go through it, need only a few minutes. But sometimes it will give tremendous result in saving human lives.
Signs and Indicators of Building Collapse.
Let’s check point by point dilapidated structures or constructions give you before it will fall.
- Erratic cracks in the walls and the distance between these cracks increasing.
- Swelling of the concrete of the columns, falling off of concrete to expose the steel.
- The steel looks bend or has cracks near the column.
- The beam looking crooked or the steel inside the beam appears to have broken.
- The frames of doors and windows appear bending or inclined to one side.
- The granite or marble fixed on window appears cracked.
- Cracks in window pane or panes making cracking noises.
- A gap forming between the door and the door frame due to which locking the door becomes difficult.
- Window glass making loud cracking noises and crumbling.
- The newly colored wall caving into the plinth. or a portion of the plinth visible in plinth-protected buildings.
- The steel is not visible or is very thin in the beam or ceiling when the plaster falls off.
- The water which earlier used to gush out of the building starts seeping into the foundation of the building.
Ref : HT.
Know more about construction technology,
- Examples of Organic Architecture Buildings Concept Characteristic.
- Best examples of temporary architecture structures in construction.
- Precast Concrete House to Live and Work Space: Just 48 Hours to Built.
- Sheikh Zayed Bridge Construction and Architecture by Zaha Hadid.
- How To Make Concrete Mix Ratio : Beauty Of Concrete Calculator.
So, Wingers – these are some indicators of building collapse. Be attentive if you find any of above signs in building or where you live. Alert your sense, and save your and others lives, before structural failure or building collapse and toll many human beings.