Contemporary Architecture of Tripoli Congress Center Building. By Tabanlioglu Architects is locate next to the Zoo Park. and the woods in continuity. The Tripoli Congress Center Building being the lead construction. The zone will be transforming into a Congress Valley.
As a step forward, next to it a Hotel is recently build. To meet the accommodation functions of the development plan. parallel to the process, private villas are under construction in close vicinity. Utilizing the land, all the existing trees preserved. The piece with no trees, spotted as soccer filed on the plan is select for the location of the building.
Tripoli Congress Center Building Design
Surrounded by the woods. The rectangular two-storey ‘block’ is nesting in a semi-transparent metal envelop as a “shield”. That opens up to the external landscape. With a wide portico that defines the main entrance.
Between the mesh and the inner glass walls. A semi-open shady circulation area is create as an extension of the landscape. Incise patterns inspired by the trees around the site. Permit to control daylight to diffuse into the central space and at night. When the building interior is lighting. The oozing beams through the slits integrate with the wood at the background.
Project Fact File of Tripoli Congress Center Building:
- Architects: Tabanlioglu Architects.
- Location: Tripoli, Libya.
- Architectural Project Team: Salih Yılgörür, Ali Çalışkan, Emre Özberk, Oktay Murat. Zeynep Eker, Merve Demirbaş, Elif Akçakaya, Salih Çıkman. Işıl Taşkın, Başak Uysal, Elif Selçuk, Zeynep Çorakçı.
- Architect In Charge: Melkan Gürsel, Murat Tabanlıoğlu.
- Area: 25000.0 sqm.
- Year: 2010
- Photographs: Cemal Emden.
- Interior Design: Sinan Kafadar ,Metex Design Group.
- Structural Consultancy: Emir Engineering.
- Mechanical Consultancy: GN Engineering.
- Electrical Consultancy: HB Teknik.
- Facade Consultancy: CWG Engineering.
- Acoustic Consultancy: STD Ses Tekniği Danışmanlığı.
- Sound System Consultancy: Pro Sistem
- Fire Consultancy: Prof. Dr. Abdurrahman Kılıç.
- Landscape Consultancy: Akgöze LD
- Main Contractor : System İnşaat
- General Coordinator: Burak Başlılar, Erkan Özmen (System İnşaat)
- Project Coordinator: Yılmaz Düzgüner (System İnşaat)
- Site Project Manager: Hakan Çelik (System İnşaat)
- Site Coordinator: Ali Turhan Elmasulu (System İnşaat)
- Client: System İnşaat
- Site Area: 9000m2.
From the Desk of an Architect:
The Tripoli Congress Center Building is in accord. with its “place” in terms of natural resources and cultural heritage. The protective mesh facade’s texture, inspired by the trees. that surround the site, is to change in every direction. with the orientation of the Tripoli Congress Center building.
Depending on its relation with the exterior and preserve the harmony. with the adjacent grove. Glass wall systems allow for the maximum viewing area with no horizontal or vertical mullions to obstruct the vision.
Natural materials like natural stone, glass as an easy to recycle material. Or other material derive from renewable resources. With low carbon emission are prefer in the building process.