Every city has its own qualities. The food, the culture, the people, these are the things that differentiate all Indian cities from one another. In our last two posts we covered why Mumbai is the City of Firsts, and how Bangalore is competing in the race of best Indian City. This time we decided to cover Hyderabad and what makes Hyderabadis feel proud of their city. Here’s the list-
1) Hyderabadi Biryani- If these two words didn’t make your mouth water, nothing ever will. Hyderabadi Biryani is as famous as Mumbai’s Vada Pao. Available in more than 50 different variants, Hyderabadi Biryani is one of the most popular dishes that is not just limited to Hyderabad, it is popular all over the country.
10 Things All Hyderabadis Should Be Proud Of
2) The Charminar – Charminar is one of the most iconic buildings in India. Located in what is now referred as Old City, this building is almost six centuries old and a main tourist attraction for people from all around the world.
3) Movie-Goers’ Paradise- This is something all movie-buffs can brag about. The whole world is crazy about 3D and IMAX films. There are hundreds of IMAX theaters around the world, but it is Hyderabad’s Prasad IMAX, that has the title of most popular IMAX in the world.
4) The City of Pearls- Till date the city rules the hearts of pearl lovers. Once known for both diamonds and pearls, Hyderabad is still the best Indian city to buy genuine pearls.
5) The Fragrance of Royalty- The Old Hyderabad, especially the area near Charminar has a Royal fragrance in the air, all due to the Attar shops located in that area. Walking on the streets of the Old City during Ramzan is always a revelation.
6) Golkonda Fort- Golkonda Fort built in 945 CE-970 CE is one of the major tourist attractions in Hyderabad, also the first place where the famous diamonds ‘Kohi-i-noor’ and ‘Hope’ were kept.
7) Ramoji Film city- The largest integrated film city in the world. Needless to say how Tollywood manages to produce so many films every year.
8) Hussain Sagar- Hussain Sagar, one of the most picturesque lakes in Hyderabad. In addition, the Gautam Buddha statue which attracts thousands of visitors every day is considered as the tallest monolith Buddha statue in the World.
9) The Royalty – Popularly known as the city of Nizams, Hyderabad is considered as a Royal city, especially the Old Hyderabad. Royalty is also in the mannerism of Hyderabadis. The Royal palaces in Hyderabad still look like they used to in the old times.
10) HITEC City – Hyderabad has not only succeeded in preserving the culture, but has also managed to mark its presence in the IT world. The Hitec city located in the suburbs is a very good example of that.
From the culture to tech, handicraft markets to malls, Hyderabad is very much self-sustained. Known for its down-to-earth people and educational institutes, Hyderabad is one of India’s most complete city. If you are a proud Hyderabadi, feel free to add some more unique things about Hyderabad.
Note- Photos are for representational purposes only.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.