Introduction: In a company, several members work together to produce a good outcome. Each of them has their posts and aspects to look after. If one of them fails in their position, the people depending on them will fail as well. Thus everyone needs to understand the result of their activities as a whole. However, it can get difficult to understand whose efforts are lacking. This can be done with the help of a system that collects data from each member. Everyone should have equal rights to share what they feel about the office environment. These perspectives can help everyone to identify what they lack as a team.
HOW DOES THE 360 FEEDBACK SYSTEM BENEFIT THE PERFORMANCE OF EMPLOYEES?
How important is the assessment of 360-degree feedback?: This is a feedback process that is fully confidential among the team members. No one gets to know what the other person has commented about them. However, each of them gets a detailed report once the process is over. This depicts to them what are the plus points in their career. Also if there is any area where they need to work on, they can see it in the report. Some of the questions can be like a short one that needs ratings. Others may need full descriptive points in which you can write details. Here are some ways in which the 360-degree feedback boosts the performances:
- Provides awareness: Many people are confused about what makes them good team members. Even if they have the talent they are not aware of the fact. They need a way to understand that their efforts are quite good and they need to continue. Also, some of them are so overconfident that they ignore everything. To work in a team it is important to care about what your team members think about you. It is very hard to be successful in a company all alone. For these people, the feedback form is a good way to boost self-awareness.
- Understanding individual behavior: It is very important to behave professionally in a workplace. Companies won’t tolerate any unprofessional attitudes in the workplace. People need to maintain some sort of decorum once they step into the office. Some employees behave well only when they speak to their managers. Their attitude and way of speaking towards their colleagues are poor. With the feedback, form employees have a chance to correct the behavior of such teammates. The feedback results can show people how others think about their behavior. That is why they will feel the need to respect everyone while working.
- Very accurate: Some people think that managers can be partial with some workers. Their opinions may get overshadowed by their perspective. But the feedback form does not work on just one viewpoint. It collects information from all members who work in the organization. Thus the outcome that you get will be highly accurate. All the ordinary members can also share their reviews and ratings. Thus people get a space to share their personal opinions on every aspect. No one can proclaim that the result is false and has so meaning. Since it carries the voice of the majority it has a good impact.
- Makes the team bonding better: When it comes to projects the workers need to work with other members. In such cases, they have to develop a good relation with team leaders. This will help them to share their ideas and make ppts easily. Any kind of miscommunication can lead to a lot of confusion. If you are not willing to comply with them they won’t feel comfortable working with you. Eventually, it will lead to a lot of disputes and failure. Through a good feedback system employees can work on their team management skills as well.
- Personal skill improvement: Besides behavioral skills, employees need to have some skills. This is crucial as it will help them to adapt to the work process. Even if they manage to communicate properly, they will step back in times of projects. Managers don’t have the time to point out so many workers what they need to follow. That is why the feedback results depict if any skills can help. Once the workers get an idea, they can join a course to learn them. Not only workers, but even leaders also need to find more ways to solve issues. The feedback results can teach them new tactics to perceive things.
- Divides the responsibility: It’s not easy to judge the activity and efforts of so many workers in a place. If the company assigns just one leader for this, the pressure increases. He or she has to look after all the members who are involved in the organization. But with this feedback system, the evaluation process becomes much simpler. It takes place smoothly and produces the results automatically. The employees just have to follow proper instructions. There are trainers to ensure that no one is breaking the rules while filling the forms.
- Accountability: For people who are new in a firm, they have to be self-reliant. Depending on their supervisors to see their weaknesses is not efficient. They need a system that can show them directly their outcomes. They need to take strong decisions and understand what is right or wrong. In this way, no one can blame the company and hold them accountable for anything. The workers themselves carry their impression with each step they take. As a result, the workers understand how to carry out strong judgments. It is their responsibility to ensure that others get to look after their weak points.
- Positive outcome: In the end, the entire process has a positive influence on the company. People learn to support their teammates in case of any issue. When something wrong happens behind the bosses, workers can bring them to the limelight. This prevents any kind of activity that others may see as an injustice to their brand. Managers can also find out better ways on handling their juniors. If they have been too rude in the past they can work on it to save their impression.
Conclusion: Thus with the help of 360 feedback, both employees and team leaders can upgrade their development.