Hello Guys! here we have back again with something new today. today I am sharing with you some information related to WIKIPEDIA. Here we have to share some Facts about Wikipedia hope you mostly know but let me share this info if you know then it’s ok. let’s have to take some knowledge about Wikipedia!! Facts about Wikipedia.com
Top 50 Facts about Wikipedia ` Wikipedia Facts
TOP 50 FACTS ABOUT WIKIPEDIA
- Wikipedia is started in January 2001. Jimmy Donal is the co- founder and promoter of Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia is non-profit organization.
- Wikipedia develops at a rate of over 1.9 edits per second, performed by editors from all over the world. So, if this took you five minutes to read, 570 edits were made on Wikipedia by the time you reached the end of this list.
- Wikipedia contributers have written more than 22 million articles.
- Wikipedia site has more than 684 million page views each year.
- The Wikipedia servers are hosted in Florida.
- Wikipedia headquarters located in San Francisco.
- In wikipedia there are only 35 Employees.
- The English language Wikipedia has more than 3+ million articles.
- In wikipedia articles are available in over 285 languages.
- In wikipedia anyone can sign up and become a wikipedia editor
- Wikipedia is the only site who does not have ads!
- The Wikipedia service is accessed by 1.5 billion unique devices from around the world every single month.
- There are more than 280,000 editors who take time to contribute to Wikipedia every month.
- Improvements to Wikipedia pages about holiday destinations and cities can have an impact on tourism, potentially
- increasing the number of nights tourists choose to stay in a city by 9%, according to Italian researchers
- Wikipedia is one of the top 5 most visited websites globally, but is the world’s only major website run by a nonprofit organization.
- On many language editions of Wikipedia, editors show appreciation for each other by giving each other virtual “barnstars.” On the Ukrainian language edition, they’re virtual tins of condensed milk — and sometimes they send them IRL.
- Almost 10 million people supported Wikipedia with a donation last year. Let’s hope it’s even more this year.
- Each article on Wikipedia has a transparent revision history. You can go back in time to see how every article was written, step by step.
Respect Wikipedia And Share