Control Two Laptops only with the help of a Single Software
This Control two laptops technique is only for folks who have to juggle between two laptops kept on their work-stations and who have two or more computers next to each other and find themselves regularly switching from one system to the other.
It is a really very difficult to operate from one mouse-keyboard to another while performing tests. So here I am going to tell you a simple, elegant and interesting solution for it- Yeah the solution is that is Input Director.
What is Input Director?
Input Director is a Windows software that lets you allow to control two laptops,multiple Windows systems using the keyboard/mouse attached to one computer. With the help of Input Director, you can share a single keyboard/mouse across a set of systems.
You can also switch which system receives the input either by hot-key or by moving the cursor so that it transitions from one screen to the other. The idea being that you can position the Laptops from two or more systems in a row and use a shared keyboard/mouse to control all of them.
There are some steps which you have to follow to control two Laptops:
- First step is to Download and install this software on both Laptops you want to control.
- One will be called a ‘master’ –the Laptop that controls the other Laptop.
- One is called a ‘slave’ — the Laptop that is being controlled by master.
- You have to feed the IP Address of master in slave and IP Address of slave in master. You have to make sure that both the Laptops are part of the same network
- It provides a no of configuration options which can be seen on the ‘Global Preferences’ tab. The one I liked was ability to copy-paste files -seamlessly- from one machine to another.
- Now our task has been done.
For a pictorial, step-by-step installation process, you can also refer this link- Quick start guide
Please let me know by your comments below whether it helped in increasing your productivity.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.