Angular Concrete Compound Wall Given privacy and excellent internal spaces created by using exposed concrete wall which is folded above some heights on ground and provide security to Villa Alem. When we are looking towards this villa from the distance, it is look like a some kind of gift box open and put in natural surroundings of vast forest of cork trees.
Villa Alem Hides By Angular Concrete Compound Wall
Angular Concrete Compound Wall Project Fact File:
- Object: house
- Location: alentejo, portugal
- Architect: valerio olgiati, architect, senda stretga 1, 7017 flims
- Collaborators: patricia da silva (project manager office olgiati), daisuke kokufuda, liviu vasiu
- General contractor: matriz sociedade de construções lda., rua do monte 151, 4470-794 vila nova de telha, maia
- Materials: in-situ concrete, steel, marble
- Begin planning: 2009
- Begin construction: January 2013
- End construction: April 2014
- Copyrights plans: archive olgiati
- Copyrights photos: archive olgiati
Design Derivation From The Desk Of An Architect:
10 kilometers off the Atlantic coast in the alentejo region of portugal, the villa alem by Swiss architect valerio olgiati sits amongst a vast forest of cork trees common to the area. The home is rather simple, if not very unique- it is characterized primarily by the reinforced concrete walls that define an inner courtyard, open yet entirely private.
These outer partitions, once reaching a certain height, fold either into the space or away from it almost like the lids of a box in order to create shade or open views to the sky. The one-story house is nestled invisibly within these walls and faces the courtyard to receive plenty of daylight.
The living room faces the courtyard, opening up onto an exterior patio and central pool. Adjacent to it, separated by a structural wall, a dining room projects out towards the exterior through a full glass wall.
On the other side, the kitchen sits within a semi-circular room outlined in a concentric circle by a small hallway that loops around to the bedrooms along the backside.
Each bedroom, arranged in a lineal fashion, contains its own private courtyard.
When we look at the first time toward the Angular Concrete Compound Wall covered villa Alem, plan of this villa beautifully crafted out in one single rectangular foam. This gives me a remembrance of villa Savoy by architect Le Corbusier.
The overall planning is balance by symmetrical and axial planning concept of design. So this entire drama of architecture planning of angular concrete compound wall villa gives you a surprised spaces and create more curious toward the next space.
When you enter we directly see long and beautiful water pool in front of the house which is make micro climate more natural and cooler in natural way.
Modern Villa Alem And Angular Concrete Compound Wall Pictures:
You may also like These Kitchen Design Ideas,
- 10/10 Interesting Nano Kitchen Design Ideas for Small Spaces
- 7 points how to Start Design in Architecture
- Inspiring Designs of kitchen tiles backsplash with Subway Style
- Top 10 Reasons To Work In Large Architectural Firm In The World
- All Time Hit Misconceptions Of Famous Architects Job For Home Architect
- Architect Vs Interior Designer – Let’s Differentiate Architects And Interior Designers
I hope you enjoy the way of planning this villa Alem and creating this fort wall of angular concrete compound wall to create internal courtyard for more social space.
Have a more thinking treads on designs, share with the wingers bellow comments,…!!!