Hello Folks,… Today Apple Releases iOS 9.2 update : What’s New Features, the second major iOS 9 update. improvements and bug fixes.
There are over thirty improvements that have been made in the software update across apps like Apple Music, News, Mail, Podcasts and Safari. But there are six new features that especially stands out.
What’s New iOS 9.2 beta 1
1.) Use Your Wireless Number On Multiple Devices Using AT&T Number Sync
Apple iOS 9.2 includes support for AT&T NumberSync. AT&T NumberSync is similar to Apple’s Continuity feature, but it is slightly more advanced.
Continuity lets you make phone calls using other Apple devices, but it depends on your iPhone’s cellular connection.
2.) News App Now Has Top Stories
Apple News is an app that automatically curates content based on the interests that you select. iOS 9.2 includes an Apple News update that features Top Stories. Top Stories is a feature that enables users to “stay current with the most important news of the day, selected by the Apple News editorial team.”
Those top stories will be published a couple of times per day, according to MacRumors. Apple News will have comScore integration so publishers will be able to see a better picture of their analytics.
3.) iBooks Now Has 3D Touch Support
If you have an iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus, then you will be able to take advantage of the 3D Touch feature integrated into the iBooks app after you update to iOS 9.2. When you long press on the iBooks app icon, you will see a few of your recently opened iBooks and its completion percentage. And when you long press on the table of contents, notes and bookmarks, you will be able to Peek and Pop the content. Another iBooks update included in iOS 9.2 is the ability to listen to an audiobook while browsing the iBooks Store or reading other iBooks.
4.) USB Camera Adapter Support
iOS 9.2 includes support for the Apple USB Camera Adapter and accessories used to import photos from digital cameras. In the past, only iPads supported Apple’s USB Camera Adapter. This feature is supported on the iPhone 5 and later, but it does not work for the iPhone 4S and iPod touch.
5.) Safari View Controller Enhancements
The Safari View Controller is what developers use for supporting integrating Safari pop-up windows, Safari Reader and Safari AutoFill windows in their apps.
Other changes in iOS 9.2 includes:
Mail Drop Update
iOS supports attachments up to 5GB in size
This iOS 9.2 update contains improvements and bug fixes including:
- Apple Music improvements
- You can now create a new playlist when adding a song to a playlist
- Your most recently changed playlist is now listed at the top when adding songs to playlists
- Download albums or playlists from your iCloud Music Library by tapping the iCloud download button
- See which songs have been downloaded with the new download indicator next to each song in My Music and Playlists
- See works, composers, and performers while browsing Classical music in the Apple Music catalog
- A new Top Stories section in News so you can stay up to date with the most important news of the day (available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia)
- Mail Drop in Mail for sending large attachments
- iBooks now supports 3D Touch to peek and pop pages from the table of contents, your notes and bookmarks, or from search results inside a book
- iBooks now supports listening to an audiobook while you browse your library, read other books, or explore the iBooks Store
- iPhone support for the USB Camera Adapter to import photos and videos
- Improved stability of Safari
- Improved stability of Podcasts
- Fixing an issue that caused mail attachments to be inaccessible for some users with POP email accounts
- Resolving an issue for some users that caused attachments to overlap text in mail
- Fixing an issue where Live Photos could have turned off after restoring from a previous iCloud backup
- Addressing an issue that could cause search in Contacts to display no results
- Resolving an issue that could have prevented Calendar from displaying all seven days in week view
- Fixing an issue where Camera screen on iPad could be black when attempting to capture video
- Addressing an issue that could cause instability in the Activity app when viewing the day of Daylight Savings Time transition
- Fixing an issue that could prevent data from appearing in Health
- Fixing an issue that could prevent Wallet updates and Lock screen alerts from displaying
- Addressing an issue where updating iOS could prevent an alarm from going off
- Fixing an issue where some users were unable to login to Find my iPhone
- Fixing an issue that prevented some manual iCloud Backups from completing
- Addressing an issue where using the iPad keyboard could unintentionally trigger text selection mode
- Improved keyboard responsiveness when using Quick Reply
- Improved punctuation input on the 10-key Chinese (Pinyin & Stroke) keyboards with new expanded view of punctuation symbols and better predictions
- Fixing an issue on Cyrillic keyboards where caps lock would be enabled when typing in URL or email fields
- Accessibility improvements
- Fixing issues with VoiceOver when using Camera face detection
- Adding support for VoiceOver to wake up the screen
- Adding support for VoiceOver to invoke app switcher with 3D Touch gesture
- Fixing an issue with Guided Access when trying to end phone calls
- Improved functionality for Switch Control users when using 3D Touch
- Fixing an issue with speech rate of Speak Screen
Siri support for Arabic (Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)