Facebook is world’s largest online community and social media to get connect with peoples. Just not enjoying feeds on the Facebook pages and memes, videos also dominate in the same manner.
My friends always ask me “How can I save videos from Facebook?“, “How to download Facebook videos?“.
How to Save Videos from Facebook (PC, Android & iOS)
The answer is simple, just some easy tricks which allow you to save a video from Facebook to your computer, Android, and iOS devices.
There are videos posted on timelines on Facebook or on Facebook pages and you want to download them for future purpose.
It’s easy like the other Facebook status tricks and you can also know if someone has blocked you on Facebook.
How to Save Videos from Facebook
So, without any further due, let’s get started with our tutorial. Here, I’ll show you different ways to download videos from Facebook on your perfect PC or Android & iOS.
Now, there occur three cases.
- Download the video you posted on Facebook.
- Video posted on your timeline.
- Or posted by any friend or family of yours.
Let’s cover these topics and ways you can follow to save video from Facebook.
How to Save Video from Facebook Posted on Your Timeline (by Friends or Family members)
It is very easy but you need to do a little work of copy and paste the URL.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Login to Facebook.
- Find the video which you want to save to your computer.
- Right-click on the video you wish to download. (Make sure to play the video in full screen by clicking on the player anywhere)
- A dialogue box will appear and select “Show Video URL“.
- Now, a new pop-up window will appear on the same video screen with the video URL.
- Copy the video URL and paste it into another tab of the browser.
- Here, replace the video URL from “www.facebook.com/” to “m.facebook.com/”.
Save Video from Facebook Posted by You
This might come handy when the original file was accidentally deleted. But you can download it from Facebook as you posted it on your Facebook timeline.
Saving videos posted by you to your device is very easy.
- Open the video you wish to download.
- Now click on the player anywhere to go to fullscreen mode.
- Click on the edit (pencil) icon from the upper-right corner of the thumbnail of the video.
- It is basically the more option appear when you click on the three horizontal dots.
- When you click on the icon, it will give you the option to download quality as Download SD or Download HD.
- Once you click to download, it will save the video in mp4 format.
Quick Tips: You can also simply save the video on Facebook online by tapping three horizontal dots (more option). And choose the Save Video option.
How to Save any Facebook Video using IDM
The best option and simplest and fastest method is using IDM extension for all browsers.
- Open the video which you want to download.
- Play the video.
- Now, the Download this video option will appear on right side of the video thumbnail.
- Just click on the option and choose the quality offered by Internet Download Manager (IDM).
- And it will start to download the video.
- It can be any video which you want to save to your computer/laptop or either in Mac.
How to Save Facebook Videos on Android & iOS
You can also use the “Save Video” feature of Facebook to save the video online on Facebook just like YouTube.
But if you want a RAW file (mp4, etc) for other purposes, you can use the below method to save the Facebook video.
The procedure applies both on the Android and iOS devices.
- First of all, open the video you want to download.
- Find the share URL and copy the URL. Or you can use the computer or PC to get the video URL as done above.
- Now, go to savefrom.net and paste the URL.
- It will give you the download options (SD or HD quality) in mp4 format.
- Click the download button to start downloading it.
Quick Tips: You can also use the Savefrom Chrome extension to save the video in just one click.
Downloading videos from Facebook is as easy as downloading YouTube videos. It is free and easiest and fastest way to save to your device.
That’s it for today’s tutorial. If you enjoyed today’s article “How to Save Videos from Facebook”, do share it with your friends and SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter