Install WordPress on hostgator: When you are a new bee and Install WordPress Hostgator cPanels is just not a joke. But it is very carefully performed task on your web hosting provider’s cPanel. And finished install WordPress hostgator web hosting satisfactorily.
This is about “How to Install WordPress HostGator cPanel Easily”. I’m assuming since you’re reading this article, you decided to host your blog with Host Gator. If not, you’re in the wrong place. Visit the How to install WordPress HostGator parent article. And choose the right install WordPress article for you.
Easy Guide To Install WordPress HostGator cPanel
Before we just go over the install WordPress hostgator, we just get the brief idea about HostGator and cPanel.
Who is HostGatore?
HostGator is a global provider of web hosting and related services. Founded in a dorm room at Florida Atlantic University by Brent Oxley. HostGator has grow into a leading provider of Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated web hosting. HostGator is headquartered in Houston and Austin, Texas, with several international offices throughout the globe.
What is cPanel?
Hostgatore cPanel is a control panel available on our Linux-based hosting accounts and servers. It lets you easily manage many aspects of your account. Including the files, applications, and email hosted on your account or server.
For our server customers, cPanel is used in conjunction with WebHost Manager, or WHM. WHM provides administrative control of your dedicated or Virtual Private Server (VPS). You use WebHost Manager to create individual accounts, add domains to your server. Manage hosting features, and perform basic system and control panel maintenance.
- For more information about cPanel and WebHost Manager. Visit the cPanel website at http://www.cpanel.net.
Install WordPress on HostGator:
Installing WordPress HostGator is incredibly easy and is one of the many reasons I recommend hosting with them. HostGator uses a software package called Fantastico.
Fantastico is a commercial scripting library that automates the installation of web applications to websites. Fantastico is used by HostGator and they have a script that automatically installs WordPress HostGator for you.
Step By Step Guide For Install WordPress Hostgator:
- Login to control panel for your HostGator account.
- This information would have been provided to you by HostGator when they set-up your account.
- click on the WordPress link located in the left hand menu.
- In the left hand window, some information on WordPress will appear.
- This will tell you the version being install. Click on the New Installation link.
- Next, the installation screen will be displayed. Choose the domain that you would like install wordpress hostgator to.
- If you have only one domain on your hosting account, than only one will be listed.
- For the Install in directory field, leave it blank if you want WordPress installed to the root. Or enter a directory if you want it installed to a sub-directory.
- In most cases you’ll leave this blank; however, if WordPress is only a portion of your site you should install it to subdirectory.
- For example, if you already have a site on your domain and want to add a blog using WordPress. You would install WordPress to say the blog directory.
Continue to Installing WordPress,..
- Again, for most of you, this field will just be leave blank.
- Next we’ll complete the admin access data. The admin account is the primary administrator account for your new blog.
- Put whatever name here you would like in the Administrator-username field.
- In the Password field, enter a password. Use something that is easy for you to remember. Personally I suggest using a combination of letters and numbers as this makes the password harder to guess.
- Next we’ll fill in the Base information. For Admin Nickname, either put the same admin name you entered above or you can chose a different name.
- For Admin Email, enter your primary email address where you want emails from your WordPress site sent to.
- These emails include comment notifications, new user notifications, etc.
- For Site Name, put the name of your blog. For my blog it would be: Side Income Blogging. Then enter a description or a tagline for your blog.
- Click Install WordPress.
- The next screen will show a summary of the installation. If everything looks accurate (it should be), than click on Finish Installation.
Recommended Blog Hosting Providers For You:
- High Quality Hosting Service.
- Best Web Hosting for WordPress.
- Secrets about WordPress.
- Secure WordPress Blog.
- Reasons to Abandoned Blogging.
- WordPress SEO Plugins.
So, friends this is a basic but use full guild for How to Install WordPress HostGator cPanel Easily.