Hello Folks,…Several of our readers often write in to us asking about popup ads that cannot be disabled, adware applications that take over the default search engine and home page of their browsers and other such questions. In cases where running a scan and deleting the malicious program from the PC also does not help, we recommend the reset browser settings completely.
This process was recently undertaken by me when I accidentally downloaded and installed a malicious adware that installed several unwanted programs like Torn TV Downloader, Omiga Plus and Search Protect.
These unwanted programs took over my browsers and refused to go away even after I carried out complete system scans, repairs and even removed the programs from the Control Panel.
- Did you Know why??? These 6 Web Browsers in top of the Line in Market
- Doing Whatsapp On Pc the Right Way First Time
- Lightweight Spartan Internet Explorer from Microsoft in Windows 10
- How to Increase Web Traffic to Your New Blog or Website?
How to Reset Browser Settings
What ultimately helped solve this issue for me was resetting my browsers. The steps for this are mentioned below with screenshots and directions for the same.
How to reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click on the three horizontal bars at the top-right corner of your Chrome screen.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Show advanced settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Reset settings.
- In the window that opens, click on Reset.
- Your Google Chrome is now as good as new.: Fast Tatkal Rail Ticket Booking systems
How to reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Activate the Menu Bar on Firefox by pressing F10.
- Click on Help, which is the last option in the Menu Bar.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox.
- In the window that opens, click on Refresh Firefox.
- You will now see a window which says your process was successful. Click on Let’s go.
- Your Mozilla Firefox is now as good as new.
How to reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Click on Tools in the Menu Bar.
- Click on Internet Options.
- In the window that opens, choose the Advanced tab.
- Click on the Reset button.
- In the next window that opens, click on the Reset button.
- Click on the Close button.
- You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take place.
You should remember that reset browser settings does not necessarily solve all malware or popup related issues. However, sometimes it is a worthwhile step that can actually solve issues in a simpler way.
Check this out,
- Restart Windows 8 .x (any 8.1) Using Just the Keyboard
- How to Check Your Motherboard Model Number on Your Windows PC
- PC Shortcut Keys that are Heavily Useful in Day to day routine
Reset browser settings also removes all settings, plugins, add-ons, browsing history and other configurations since it is as good as starting with your browser from scratch. So be prepared to reconfigure these settings once the reset browser settings has been completed. For all other queries, feel free to get in touch with us and stay tuned for further updates.