The requirement for renewable energy forms is rising to reduce the effects of global warming our environment is facing due to pollution and climate change. We are surrounded by various renewable sources of energy, especially solar energy, which can be used throughout the year. Smart solutions like solar panels play a significant role in the production of solar energy. A solar panel for home is one of those devices used to absorb the sun’s rays and convert them into electricity for power generation. They absorb solar energy and convert it to electric power through the photovoltaic effect. Most homes are designed with a roof, which can be utilized to install a solar panel and produce electricity.
Solar Panel for Home – The Future of Domestic Energy Consumption
Today, more and more homeowners have a solar panel for home installed on their terrace and backyard, which helps produce electricity. Each solar power system comes with certain features that are essential for its proper functioning. Firstly, it requires an adequate number of solar panels to absorb as much solar energy as possible.
Secondly, a solar system for home needs a battery backup system according to the package that you choose.
Listed below are the features of a home solar system:
- An ideal home solar system should be capable enough to provide electricity that can fulfill your home’s energy requirements.
- It should have a solar inverter to convert the DC power generated into AC power. This AC power is used to operate lighting systems, gadgets, and equipment such as computers, mixers, fans, refrigerators, air conditioners, and televisions.
Types of Solar Panel Systems
There are broadly three types of solar panel systems:
An on-grid solar system can be defined as a system that is tied to your local utility grid. An on-grid solar system is prevalent in commercial and residential fields and houses, and it does not require any battery backup system. The on-grid solar can be easily identified as a photoelectric system. It is suitable for generating power for those who want to minimize their bill expenses and have an alternative power generation plant. The extra power generated by the panels can be exported to the grid through a net meter. It helps you have an additional income since the Government have subsidized rebate during such cases.
An off-grid system means that you are not connected to your grid’s power system or national/local utility. It means that you are 100% self-sustaining your energy needs. It is also known as a stand-alone power system, and it works by generating electricity from a solar panel for home. The electricity is then converted with the help of an inverter to power home and electrical appliances. An additional solar battery inverter is present in such systems to store the surplus power generated and use it at night or during a power outage in your area.
Hybrid solar systems are the combination of an on-grid and off-grid solar inverter. They can easily work without a grid, store electricity to batteries as well as export the excess electricity to the grid. So, they are finding increased applications in renewable energy systems where intermittency is the biggest issue.
Following are the factors that you need to consider before setting up a solar power plant:
- A solar panel for home should ideally be placed in the south direction to receive maximum sunlight.
- Based on the total number of solar panels required, space availability to house the solar panels should be determined. It could be on the rooftop or the backyard, where the solar panels can receive an adequate amount of sunlight.
- The total number of solar panels needed to generate the required AC power should be calculated.
- The AC power requirement needs to be ascertained, and the best way to ascertain this is by using the highest monthly electricity bill in the past year. The bill records the total number of units of electricity consumed in that month.
Purchase Solar Panel for Home for a Sustainable Future Solar power is 100% clean and a renewable source of energy that is available for everyone. It not only reduces our dependency on oil, coal, and natural gas for electricity production, it doesn’t produce any pollution, and neither does it harm the landscape and the ozone layer. Purchase solar panel for home from renowned companies like Luminous, that offer the best solar solutions in India. With an easy installation process and maintenance, solar panels are the perfect choice to generate energy today.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.