Relying on a good SEO strategy is a must to improve the visibility of a website. For several years now, ranking among the first search results in, for example, Google, has been crucial to boosting any business. That’s why what is known as an SEO Agency was created, to help businesses do so.
An SEO Agency is fundamental when planning a good positioning strategy. Why? Because they have the expertise and the necessary resources to do so and make it effective. Understanding what a ‘buyer person’ is, making a good benchmark and a great keyword research is part of what these agencies do. It is a thorough work to improve the visibility of a website and, therefore, attract more attention from potential customers.
Image Ref – Pixabay
Let’s start with the basics: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Basically, SEO is part of Marketing, and it is the branch that’s dedicated to increasing the visibility of a website in organic (non-paid) search engine results, such as Bing or Google. In this sense, it maximizes the traffic from these search engines to the website.
A good SEO strategy can lead to many benefits for a business. The first one is perhaps a bit obvious, but worth mentioning: making more money. Yes, it can be achieved with a good SEO strategy. Don’t know where to start? No problem, you can always hire an SEO agency that has everything to help you achieve your goal.
Now, some benefits of SEO:
- SEO pulls-in traffic with a tendency to convert (for a customer to purchase a company’s products): potential buyers are specifically looking for your product.
- Investing in SEO is not investing in paid advertising: just doing it right will increase traffic to the website.
It is a long-term strategy: once you have achieved a good positioning, it is difficult to go down.
Image Reg – Pixabay
Remember, there are thousands or millions of pages about the same topic you’re trying to talk about or sell about. That’s why search engines, like Google, follow some rules to position a few of those millions of websites at the top.
How does the search engine discriminate among so many pages? It takes three things into account:
- The first is how relevant the content is. Google will first show results from pages that relate to the keyword(s) you used to search for.
- It looks for the content’s accuracy. Google needs to confirm that a certain content is authoritative and it does so by looking up how many other websites link to that certain page. The more links, the better it’ll rank.
- Is it useful? That’s another question that the search engine asks itself to see where it ranks a piece of content. It looks to see if the content is organized in such a way that it is easy for users to read and understand. The more people show interest or satisfaction for a certain content, the better it will rank in the results.
Agencies like Punto Rojo offer integral services, which include both the search for the most relevant keywords related to your business and contact with copywriters who know where to place those keywords so that the search engine positions your website properly.
Image ref – Pixabay
Other things that SEO agencies do are:
- Help you with the architecture of your website, correctly implementing the header tags and a good linking structure.
- Show you the different communication mediums in which your content can appear, to define which is best for your business.
- Implement a link building strategy that will grow your business.
If you are looking to give your business a boost, this marketing strategy is what you need.