How to Fix IP Address Conflict Error – While connected to the same network/router to access the internet. We may face the similar error message showing “Windows has detected an IP address Conflict error “, so today we are seeing that why this happens and how to fix it. An IP address conflict occurs when two communications endpoints on the same network have been assigned the same IP address problem . The two end points may be two computers, laptops, mobiles or any two of the mentioned. Check this also for Best and Easy Video Editing Software to Download Free.
ERROR MSG. This IP address is already in use on the network. Please reconfigure a different IP address.
How to Fix IP Address Conflict Error on Network
For fixing of this error, first of all we need to know how IP Address Conflict Happens:
Two computers or mobiles can acquire IP address conflict can occur because of the following reasons:.
- A laptop is put into sleep mode and then turned on while connected to another network that has already assigned the same IP address to another computer.
- Two computers are assigned the same static IP addresses
- One computer is assigned a static IP address that falls within the DHCP range (dynamic IP address range ) for the local network and the same address is assigned to a computer by the DHCP server.
- If you have multiple network adapters (more than one wifi connections that allow automatic connection when within range ), it is possible for the computer to have IP address conflict with itself.
- An Internet Services Provider (ISP) accidentally assigns two customers the same IP address (either statically or dynamically).
- If you have connected multiple wireless routers to your network and DHCP is enabled on more than one device
How to Resolve an IP Address Conflict:
The exact message showing an IP address conflict may vary, depends on the type of error. However, the following possible error messages may pop-up to recognize the IP address conflict.
- There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network.
- The static IP address that was just configured is already in use on the network. Please reconfigure a different IP address.
- The system has detected a conflict for IP address..
Usually, the later message will display in the old System like having Windows XP etc.
How to fix IP address conflict error between Computers:
Use the following possible ways or settings to fix IP address conflict error between computers.
Step 1: Restart your router and see if problem fixed, because by restarting the router will be reassigned IP addresses to computers connected to the same network. If not fix then go to next.
Step 2: Assigning new Static IP Address: Another way to fix IP address conflict error issue is by assigning a new IP address to your computer by using Command Prompt, for this use the simple method described:
- Renew IP Address – Open Command Prompt > ipconfig /release
- Depending on how many adapters you have installed on your machine, you might see several results from the command above. For Ethernet ports, you’ll see the Ethernet adapter Ethernetx heading and for wireless cards you’ll see Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi or something similar
Step 3: Upgrading Router Firmware: If your broadband router is believed to have a faulty DHCP server causing IP conflicts on the home network. Upgrading the router firmware may resolve this problem.
The latest version of ip conflict software can free download and install from the manufacturer website. (like Cisco, tp-link)
IP Address Conflict in Mac:
- If you entered your IP address manually, you need to enter a different IP address in the Advanced pane of Network preferences. If you’re connecting to a network that’s managed by an administrator, check with the administrator.
- Best way Close all open apps and restart your computer.
Know more about Networking,
- Best 80 Proxy Server List Latest Update 100% Free.
- Online Banking Safety and Security Tips for Protect Online Info.
- How to select a WiFi Router for Business? Read before Pick your Choice.
- Remote Access Tool For Remote Desktop Manager.
- Best Open Source Forum Script .php file for free download.
Hope so you will be able to solve the issue regarding the IP addresses Conflicting on the same network. And fix IP address conflict error on your devices. Do comments with your feedback.