Link pan card with Aadhaar: Recently news media express the wordings regarding linking aadhaar card or aadhaar number with pan card. Also, SBI group’s chief economic adviser Soumya Kanti Ghosh quotes that considering that 98% of the adult population is Aadhaar card holders. A time frame till the end of the year is more than adequate for linking PAN with Aadhaar. So, at this point in time, how to link PAN Card with aadhaar card is the very important question for every taxpayer in India. But, many people’s are unable to link aadhaar with pan, because of not aware about the process of pan card aadhaar seeding. And today we have present here a precise guide on how to link Aadhaar card with PAN Card. Since past couple of years, the government has launched linking of crucial documents.
Pan card aadhaar seeding – Link pan card with Aadhaar number.
PAN Card and Aadhaar card are two most significant identity documents. They are also a powerful tool for the government to curb fraudulent transactions. PAN card is also a mandatory document for all tax payers of India. Now, even PAN cards are being linked to the aadhaar card. In short, what we can foresee is that aadhaar would become a central document which would be linked to every utility account that you have. For example, aadhaar number would be linked to your ration card, LPG connections, PAN card, Voter ID, Passport and so forth.
Benefits of Linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card:
The linking of these documents will be advantageous to the individual as well as for government. We have listed here some advantages of integrating these documents:
- If your Aadhaar card is link with your PAN card, you do not need to submit Income tax acknowledgment to IT, Bangalore.
- It helps to prevent tax evasion. All the taxable transactions can be keep under scrutiny with this facility.
- It helps to easily file your e-returns quickly.
- The linking procedure will curb the issue of multiple PAN cards by a single entity.
- The government is all set to link Aadhaar card with passport too. The initiative is also testing at some passport Seva Kendras.
- The government can link the identity of any firm or individual through Aadhaar card.
Step by step guide to linking PAN Card and Aadhaar card:
Here’s a quick guide to how you can link your Aadhaar with PAN,
- Log in to e-filling portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- A window will show up to facilitate linking of the two unique identity numbers.
- Punch in your Aadhaar number at the space provide.
- Check that your personal details (name, date of birth, gender) match with those state in PAN.
- Data will be corroborate to ensure the authenticity of your identity.
- Click on ‘link now’. PAN and Aadhaar will be link only when the details of both matches.
How to generate EVC through Income Tax website?
You can now generate EVC through the income tax website. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Once you open the income tax website, you would notice a link named e-file.
- Under the e-file link, you would find another link that says ‘Generate EVC’.
- Simply click on that link and your EVC would be generate.
- The generated EVC would be sent to your register phone number through an SMS or an email would be sent to your registered email address.
- The EVC sent to you would be valid for a period of 72 hours from the time it is generate.
Know more about Income Tax in India:
- Best Ways to Save Tax in India.
- How to Check Bank Account Balance on Mobile Phone with USSD code.
- What is E-Property Passbook (EPPB)?
- TDS: A Tax Deducted at Source Guide For Property Buyers.
- List of useful Indian Government Websites with Gov.in.
So, this is all about link pan card with aadhaar number or linking of aadhaar card with pan number. The e-filing portal of the income tax department provides you very smooth and seamless experience of this aadhaar pan linking process. This are the steps for PAN-Aadhaar Linking taken by Indian government will help all taxpayers to reduce their burden. Stay tuned for more updates on link aadhaar card to income tax return and pan card aadhaar seeding news.