Contemporary Design of Bubble House in Chennai by SDeG is bulbous, undulating appearance sets it distinctly apart in this neighborhood. This is doing consciously – to challenge the site’s rigid edges, and formally, to cushion everything visibly grid-like around it.
Contemporary Design of Bubble House in Chennai by SDeG
Bubble House Project Facts:
- LOCATION OF BUBBLE HOUSE: Chennai
- YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION: 2012
- CLIENT: Mr. Sathyanarayana
- BUILT AREA OF BUBBLE HOUSE: 325 sq.m
- CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECT : SDeG
- MODERN HOUSE DESIGN TEAM : Sujit Nair, Balaji T
- HOUSE PHOTOGRAPHY : by Sujith Sugathan
Bubble House Design Brief:
- Bubble House (Chennai) was conceived to invigorate its context.
- Designed on a 110 sq.m plot in a dense residential location.
- It contains parking, an office, guest suite, living-dining-kitchen, three bedrooms, entertainment room, roof-top swimming.
- Pool and an elevator to connect four levels.
- Internal spaces are programmed around a courtyard on the first floor.
- Buoys up this taut and dense volume.
- The structure is wrapped in an intricate and bulbous external skin.
- made hollow for Air drafts.
- contemporary design to embed building management systems.
The seemingly gelatinous concrete envelope is twin-walled, thickened to mitigate heat gains, engineered to form air gaps, and houses customized glazing/building management systems.
Know More About Contemporary Architectural Explorations:
- Contemporary Architecture Of Stephen Riady Center.
- Contemporary Architecture Style.
- Architecture of Tripoli Congress Center Building.
More detail on Next Page!!!