Small summer house ideas: This summer house is characterized by a Ypsilon shaped green roof that acts as both an accessible extension of the terrain while framing the most significant views from the inside out. That is located in an olive grove in southern Peloponnese. The summer house project was designed by London and Brussels-based architects Theo Sarantoglou Lalis and Dora Sweijd from LASSA architects (lassa-architects.com). Summer house design plans such a ways that the roof’s dividing pathways define three courtyards. That is form distinct hemispheres with specific occupancy depending on the course of the sun. The summer house of Greek Shores is located on the top of a hill which provides vistas towards the bay of Schiza and Sapientza as well as mountain views towards the east. The height of the house is limited to the tip of the olive trees to enable its integration with the surrounding landscape.
Contemporary summer house ideas designs
Summerhouse project info:
- Name: Villa Ypsilon
- Location: Foinikounta, Greece
- Program: Private house
- Total area: 150 sqm / 1,615 sqft
- Project Year: 2017
- Photographs: NAARO
- Manufacturers: Panoramah
- Lead architects: theo sarantoglou lalis (principal) and dora sweijd (principal) with kasper ax (associate), yousef al mehdari, theo grousopoulos, thomas jensen, valeria garcia, nikolaos klimentidis, Greg spaw, luke tan, yu zheng
- Local architect (permit): v. kosmopoulos
- Structural engineer: metep, l. babilis
- Formwork engineer: nous, Manja van de worp
- General contractor: triedkat: v. leriou
Summer house interior design:
The interior spaces are organized in two main parts: A more private area containing three bedrooms and two bathrooms with views towards the east and a more common area towards the south containing the kitchen area and the living room which provide continuous access to all three courtyards. The circulation through, around and on top of the house forms a continuous promenade comprising indoor and outdoor activities.
Construction Methodology of private summer retreat:
The form of the concrete shell coupled with the planted roof and cross ventilation strategy provides an environmental response which prevents the need for mechanical cooling systems. The remote location of the project in combination with the limited budget and non-standard geometry induced a construction strategy that called for a large amount of off-site prefabrication and self-assembly which allowed to reduce the construction time to 7 months without compromising anything in terms of quality or exceeding the budget.
- Know more about Binh House that gives you Modern residential architecture styles of house.
Summer home decor ideas from the architects:
We decided to buy a CNC machine that allowed for extensive prototyping and the production of non-standard elements. This included the concrete shell formwork, the living room lost formwork/acoustic ceiling, custom window frames, interior furniture and partition systems as well as landscape and pool formers. Says Theo Sarantoglou Lalis. This ‘hands-on’ approach allowed for a minimal use of commercial ‘off-the-shelf’ products while instead favoring locally sourced materials such as concrete, terrazzo, and marble.
- Must read about House Design Styles tell Who and What are you Actually!!!
Main highlights of summer house designs:
- The summer house provides direct access to three secluded courtyards.
- Full height windows provide panoramic views of the landscape.
- A series of circular windows punctuate the wall to invite natural light into the hallway.
- Interior spaces are organized into two main parts.
- A lot of off-site prefabrication and self-assembly took place during construction.
- The green roof’s dividing pathways define three courtyards that form distinct hemispheres.
- The summer house location is hill top, which provides a view of the bay of schiza and sapientza.
Know more about holiday homes here,
- Modern Spiral House Design.
- Contemporary River Facing House Architecture.
- Modern Beach House Architecture and Interior Details.
- Cube House project architecture concept.
So, Friends, this summer home is integrated with the landscape almost seamlessly. The unique ‘Y’ shape of the private house building is cordoned off the areas, immediately surrounding the home into three sheltered patios. That’s look out over the bay. And while the exterior of the summer house certainly impresses, it is far from the only thing to marvel at. What do you think of this beautifully planned and well-executed privet summer house architecture? Share your thoughts bellow via comments. Also, stay tuned for regular updates of latest house design and architecture around the world.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.