Earlier we already seen Winning design of Thai pavilion and German pavilion for expo 2015. Now we introduce one more participant of Milan expo. Three Milan based firms, Simmetrico Network, Arassociati Architecture and AG&P landscape architecture studio have been assigned the design and construction of the Azerbaijan pavilion for Milan Expo 2015.
Azerbaijan pavilion for Milan Expo
Now friends we see some interesting facts and project concept, with their architectural and engineering exploration for Azerbaijan pavilion. Simmetrico is a research center specialized in the conception and management of events and spaces like museum projects,
Expo pavilions and event concepts with experience in Azerbaijan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
A variety of basic architectural shapes make up the design of the pavilion, with light and transparency being essential elements that create a unique atmosphere inside the space. Horizontal wooden bands form a ‘skin’ around the structure, allowing natural daylight to penetrate to the inside and reduce energy consumption.
The north facing facade is not covered, to enhance passive climate control and energy saving. Entrance to the pavilion is through a large, open plan atrium that will double as an event space.
From here escalators lead to three separate levels, each representing a different biosphere.
Installations on the first floor illustrate the geographic situation of Azerbaijan, the second level concentrates on the biodiversity of the 9 climatic areas in the country. The third focuses on culture, tradition and innovation.
Know More About Temporary Architecture:
The restaurant and terrace will be situated in on the top level. After the Milan Expo closes on the 31 October 2015, the pavilion is to be dismantled and transported to the Azerbaijan capital of Baku for reuse.
Fact File and Info :
- Overall responsibility: ministry of economics of azerbaijan
- Artist and creative lead: simmetrico
- Creative director: daniele zambelli
- Architect: arassociati
- Landscape architect: ag&p
- Structural and MEP engineer: ideas
- Light design: voltaire design
- Construction and project management: simmetrico
- Project manager: riccardo cigolotti
Exhibition & interior :
- Installation design: f.lli and co.
- Graphics: iriden srl
- Technical development: black engineering
- Video contents: bonsaininja – dadomani
- Video director: mattia molinari
- Cladding: facades – people and project
- Steel structures: speirani
- Surfaces: florim
- Sketch & image : courtesy of simmetrico network
So, friends this all highlights and overview about Pavilion Azerbaijan for Milan Expo 2015.
Ref : designboom.com, milanexpotours.com,