CES 2016, the consumer electronics show, which kicks off in Las Vegas this week. The CES 2016 conference will feature more than 3,600 exhibiting companies debuting. The latest products and services across the entire consumer tech ecosystem.
CES 2016 Event organizers are hoping to cap the number of attendees at 176,000. Last year, a record 176,676 people attended, including 6,952 media. At this year’s CES. Officially open from Jan 6-9, organizers aim to cap attendance. At that level with security ramped up in the wake of last month’s attacks in California.
The Globule Consumer Electronics Show
“While we know of no credible threat against CES, we remain vigilant,” said Gary Shapiro, president of CTA, formerly the Consumer Electronics Association. — AFP
Highlights of The International Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas:
Car stuff, car stuff, and more car stuff:
- Cars rolled out at CES 2016 may also showcase the potential for digital technologies enhancing consumer goods. According to NPD analyst Baker.
- Mark Boyadjis of IHS Automotive referred to cars as a “core pillar” of the show.
- Innovation in cars is changing the way people interact with vehicles, as technology handles more and more aspects of driving.
- “In the long run, it means maybe delivering cars without steering wheels, or steering wheels that can be moved or put away,” Boyadjis said.
- “It means physical buttons may all but be gone, being replaced by display, gesture recognition, speech recognition.”
- A record 10 automakers will be showing at CES along with at least 115 automotive tech companies. According to the Consumer Technology Association, which organizes the show.
“Robots can increasingly move, see, hear, sense and react to the environment.” Gary Shapiro, chief executive of the Consumer Technology Association. Which hosts CES, said.
- CES will also boast a big section devoted to virtual reality. As product makers jump into the trend ahead of the expected releases in 2016 of headsets from Oculus, Sony, and Valve.
- It remained to be seen whether new contenders would step up to challenge “the big three” in VR. But CES goers would likely see uses of the technology extended beyond gaming, according to Blau.
- CES will of course have its share of colorful creations including a Haier moving refrigerator. Designed to resemble the beloved R2-D2 of blockbuster Star Wars film fame.
Drones are also expected to make a splash at CES. Where an Unmanned Systems Marketplace has doubled in size from a year earlier to cover 25,000 square feet (2,300 square meters).
More about Future Technology.
- The Evolution of Wireless Networks #INFOGRAFIA #INFOGRAPHIC #TECH.
- 7 Smart Home Automation System and Gadgets to turn Smarthome.
- Save Money on Electric Bill DIY Tips to Best Way Save Electricity.
Connected cars, robots and smart home appliances are expected to take centre stage at CES 2016. Apple does not officially attend CES, but smart household products tuned to the technology giant’s HomeKit. And controlled by iPhones were expected to be plentiful.