Companies have become increasingly reliant on outsourcing software development to leverage their ability to lower costs, build better skills, and improve their time zones. There are several things Canada has to offer beyond ice hockey and Tim Horton’s coffee. The country is also the birthplace of the Java language, and it has moved to the forefront of artificial intelligence in recent years. Companies face many challenges as they experience rapid changes, and keeping up with these changes can be challenging. Outsourcing seems to be a good option in this environment.
Outsourcing as many tasks as possible benefits companies in many ways. It generates benefits for companies, but it has limitations when it is done in a current manner. It was difficult for the organizations to convey a thought and get the job done even when the internet connectivity was good. Part of the barrier was language. Not all the people in the offshore company spoke good English. As US companies search for talent, Canada is emerging as a top nearshoring target. As spending on IT climbs to $3.8 trillion (an increase of 3.2% from 2018), companies must find creative ways to cut costs and find tech talent.
In what ways can nearshore outsourcing in Canada help your company?
We will explore some reasons as to why organizations are choosing Canada as an offshore location when they look for an offshore location. Canada began as a small destination but has evolved into an important factor for organizations when they look for an offshore location. Businesses seeking to maintain their competitive advantage may find nearshoring an ideal solution. Apart from the fact that nearshoring is a faster solution, it also helps with enterprise software development. Let’s look at some of these nearshore outsourcing in Canada factors.
Benefits of nearshore outsourcing in Canada:
- Cross-border collaboration: As they are located across the country from each other, the United States and Canada have the same time zones, making it easier for companies to collaborate and hold video conferences across borders. The problem of connecting and collaborating on multiple IDEs during working hours can be solved by having a software developer working for you both at the same time. This also helps make the software development cycle more predictable. Proximity to major cities allows you to fly in a matter of hours. If necessary, you can fly back to your base within the same day after meeting your development team.
- Getting access to talented international personnel: Foreign labor has been vital to the advancement of the tech industry in the region for years, and there is no reason why the government would not support it. It’s hard to find top engineering talent in the United States, so if you’re looking for it north of the border, Canada continues to attract them. It’s part of the country’s growth to add to the talent pool here. Furthermore, the ability to meet face-to-face will increase the likelihood of a lot of face-to-face meetings. With a consistent meeting schedule, the projects will be completed more smoothly. In consequence, outsourcing software development to Canada is a more reliable option, as its workforce is highly qualified, skilled, and experienced.
- Minimization of expenses: As a model, outsourcing has the inherent benefit of reducing costs. While it no longer serves as the primary engine for offshoring, it still plays a significant role. Canadian companies won’t have to pay much for exchange rates if they commission project development in the United States. In addition to having lower currency exchange rates, American companies can benefit from simpler development costs in Canada. The Canadian dollar is much weaker than the US dollar, which means more money can be spent in Canada. It will also ensure that projects are delivered on time and budget if politics are stable. Long-term projects are less susceptible to political risk.
- Quality talent within Canada: Various educational institutions at home and around the world are making a huge number of computer-skilled graduates. Many residents of Canada prefer to work in and around the United States but favor a quieter lifestyle. Therefore, you can be sure that your northern neighbors are a top priority whenever you outsource software development. You will be able to outsource any project to Canada, whether it’s a back-end developer, a front-end developer, a full-stack developer, or a web developer. The proximity of Canada also makes traveling between Canadian cities extremely cost-effective, so you are better able to manage complex and large projects that may call for occasional presence during the building process.
- Multicultural approach: Canada is a diverse, multicultural company, and their call centres provide their services in several languages when you need multilingual service. If you have this need, you should turn to Canada first. A variety of languages are available at call centres in Canada, so you can choose from a multilingual workforce. A person with an accent that your customers may not be able to understand can significantly impede your ability to provide quality service. Cultural differences could also influence the performance of your staff. Using a call center in Canada will have you speaking English clearly and proficiently because Canadians act and speak the same way as Americans. Having effective communication between your product development team and subcontracted engineers is key to doing business successfully, and nearshoring allows you to do that more clearly than offshoring.
A world that’s realized the benefits of digitization has led to a rise in interest in nearshore outsourcing. With an embracing digital era, it’s easy to see why nearshore outsourcing has emerged as a popular choice for outsourcing. You can scale your workforce up and down according to your work volume to suit your outsourcing contracts. Additionally, you have the flexibility to hire different vendors depending on your requirements. Finally, outsourcing relieves your company of the need to maintain a software development team. Due to all of its positive attributes, Canada remains one of the most popular offshore outsourcing destinations. Nearshore companies in Canada must be able to provide a program that is specific to your goals and budget. This allows organizations to become more efficient, while also saving on costs.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.