How to make stone art: Color, shape, texture and structure form the basis for these cairns, mandalas, spiral and hexagons, set against scenic backdrops where the materials were found. Stone art is a global phenomenon that has been trending lately and now you can proudly display gorgeous renderings. These little stones come all shapes, regular or irregular, and all naturally formed.
In a tradition often traced back to Andy Goldsworthy, artist James Brunt makes creates elaborate ephemeral artworks using the natural materials he finds in forests, parks, and beaches near his home in Yorkshire, England, reports Colossal.
Stone art ideas
By design and necessity, each of the works is inherently temporary, destined to follow and entropic path back to chaos once left to the forces of nature. And while all of these works take time, the stacked stone cairns are particularly impressive — and probably the first to fall back apart when left alone.
Creative stone art pictures:
Know more about inspiring artwork around us!
- Dots Obsession on Philip Johnson Glass House by Artist Yayoi Kusama.
- Artist Leng Jun paintings detail only view by magnifying glass.
- Street Art Graffiti – Artist give Identity to Junction Box.
- Laser cut Paper Art and Craft: Nature Inspired Magic Circle by paper artist Rogan Brown.
- Best Free Web Art Gallery for Artist Around the World.
- Federico Babina and his latest Illustrations on ARTISTECT.
After all Brunt photographs each piece of stone art and craft after completion, creating a record that will outlast the work, and sells prints as well.