Sustainable Development of Transportation Hub. In Taiwan’s second largest city. The new Kaohsiung station features an organic, curvilinear shape. With Green Roof and Sustainability of landscaped canopy. That Sustainable Development offers a generous amount of public space. Dutch architecture studio mecanoo has prepare architectural design for an important transport hub. This area of sustainable development both unifies different modes of transport. And represents Kaohsiung’s desire to be a sustainable city.
Futuristic Sustainable Development of Transport Hub
This sustainable development scheme forms the centerpiece. Of the vast Kaohsiung metropolitan area underground railway project. which includes seven subterranean stations along a 9.75 kilometer (6 mile) railway tunnel.
The planned eco friendly transportation hub integrates train, metro, and bus services. And accommodates the needs of taxis and bicycles.
Sustainable architecture info:
- Architects: mecanoo
- Location: kaohsiung, taiwan.
- Site area: 8.5 hectares. including:
- a 13,000 sqm. sunken station plaza.
- 35,000 sqm. green roof canopy.
- 22,000 sqm. hotel.
- 52,000 sqm. commercial building.
- 60,000 sqm landscape design.
- Expected completion: 2024.
Sustainable Development Architecture and Design Brief
As a main point of arrival, mecanoo’s above-ground station forms a new stage. On which to present the city’s identity. arriving from the underground train
the overarching green roof canopy connects a hotel, retail outlets, restaurants. Other facilities intended for both the local community and travelers. a top the multi-layered landscape with bike path running east to west.
The colonial Japanese station building. Which will be move to its original site. Embraced by the structure and symbolic reconnects old and new aspects of Kaohsiung.
- Know more about Eco-Tourism Resort Architecture.
Green Transport Hub Planning Consideration
The central hall has been design as a contemporary equal to sustainable development. Creating a memorable experience for travelers.
The sprawling green roof canopy protects the open public plaza. underneath from Kaohsiung’s tropical climate. Like large trees would do.
all images courtesy of mecanoo
Know more about Green Architecture.
- Vertical Green Tower Housing.
- Sustainable Architecture Of Rabobank Office Campus.
- Enter Through Minipool In Modern House Architecture.
- Hightech Architecture Style : Sustainable Architecture or Eco-tech Design Style.
- Sustainable Culture and Art Center.
- 10 Best American House Designs.
So, Wingers – This Sustainable Development of project will form a new stage. On which to present the city’s identity. The green roof design offers a generous amount of public space. Have a thought on Sustainability or green technology, renewable energy, etc. Share with us.!!!